East Africa’s music giants Bebe Cool (Uganda) and Sauti Sol (Kenya) are thrilled to announce the release of their new collabo titled ‘MBOZI ZA MALWA’, luganda for conversations that usually take place when friends are having a drink at their local joint. Written by Yesse Oman Rafiki and Sauti Sol, the song has a dancehall vibe and was recorded in Kampala, Uganda. Produced by Danz, co- arranged by Sauti Sol the song was mixed and mastered by Ogopa Inc.
Bebe Cool explains that: ‘In many African Communities if you want to know the latest gossip in around the communities, visit a local bar or high end bar with friends for a drink and all talk will rotate around what is making news in the community.’
‘We had an amazing time working with Bebe Cool. Our East African fans have been requesting for this and we hope they will love it as we do.’ Sauti Sol added in their statement.
This to announce an online dance contest between Kenyan girls and Ugandan girls as we eagerly await the video which will be out on the 24th of this month. Using the hashtag #MboziZaMalwa, the winner/s from each country will get to go head-to-head with each other. The ultimate winner/s will be announced by Bebe Cool on April 26th and will get the bragging rights of “The Best Dancer/s in East Africa, a chance to hang out with an artist of their choosing between Sauti Sol and Bebe Cool and take home a whopping $500. The contest will run from April 17th – April 26th. Follow @sautisol and @bebecool_ug for more details.
The rules are simple;
1. Go to SoundCloud and search for Mbozi za Malwa
2. Create your own dance video or with friends
3. Record and upload on Instagram using #MbozizaMalwa
4. Sauti Sol will repost videos from Kenya while Bebe Cool repost videos from Uganda.
5. Sauti Sol will pick the Kenyan winner/s and Bebe Cool to pick Ugandan winners
6. One final battle between Kenyan reps and Ugandan reps …Winner takes all.